New Love

Some time has passed since I have written in this little blog, and I generally prefer visuals to text anyway. But this morning can’t be entirely relayed with visuals; it’s about something we can’t see yet.

I have fallen in love with someone. I didn’t see it coming, I wasn’t looking for it, I didn’t plan this new love, it just happened. Pretending like it wasn’t there was impossible, no matter how much I tried.

If you haven't guessed by now, about three months ago, this was the first message from our newfound love.


This morning, that little message became very real for us. A day shy of 13 weeks pregnant, we had an appointment to hear the baby's heart beating. While it seemed to take forever to find the right spot that would catch the sound of the little heart rather than my own pulse or the noisy static my other organs were waving in, she finally found it, and it sounded more like a fast engine with a bad tick, but somehow it was still very magical. I felt Atom squeeze my hand, and I burst out in laughter, ruining the connection, but she easily made the connection again, and for the first time, I know why we got IPhones, atom recorded it here.



Comments

  1. EEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am SO SO SO happy for you both!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marjan, What awesome news for you and Atom. Warmest congratulations to you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts