Dog vs. Baby

We have a nearly 10 year old Weimereiner, his name is 'Bleu Bird' and he was my high school graduation present nearly a decade ago. To me, he is salt of the earth, he has outlasted many of my phases, homes, jobs, boyfriends and stayed my rock through marriage, renovations & now pregnancy.

This morning, I came down for breakfast by the fire. Bleu had already eaten, been outside, surely poo'd in Kyle's yard and was happily napping by the fire on his sheepskins. I sat down in my usual seat and reached down to pet him. His head was extraordinarily warm from the toasty fire. Atom handed me a fresh waffle breakfast complete with orange juice and prenatal vitamin [just what i was craving]. I told him bleu's head was really warm and I thought it could be cooking his brain. So Atom gently spun bleu on his sheepskins away from the close proximity of the fire. Bleu lazily welcomed the shift and even moaned in satisfaction. We fluffed the sheepskin under his head for some extra comfort.

Then I wondered, what is our child going be like?




Comments

Popular Posts